CattlActive® is a Prebiotic
- By definition, CattlActive® is a prebiotic because it has an effect on rumen pH and provides support to the microbe population in the rumen.
- CattlActive® does not contain live microbes such as those that probiotics contain.
- Experts report it is challenging to clearly show probiotic effectiveness in the commercial feed yard setting. Introducing microbes into an environment where the same microbes that are being added are dying is the cause of this.
- Prebiotics allow microbes to rebound more quickly during times of stress and also to remain more stable.
- Prebiotics can maintain efficient digestion and minimize digestive upsets, preventing bad bacteria from dominating and causing immune challenges.
- Prebiotics can minimize the impact of heat stress by stabilizing pH.
- Prebiotic research indicates there is also less inflammation and improved nutrient absorption along with less “leaky gut” symptoms.
- Prebiotics provide support to the microbes allowing them to recover faster after a stress event. Many of the disease-causing organisms are opportunistic; increasing growth rates of the beneficial microbes prevent these disease-causing organisms from dominating.
- Salmonella, E. Coli, and Clostridium all flourish during stress events. This is caused by an increase of Lactic Acid in the rumen caused by stress.
- Balancing pH and supporting the beneficial microbes during a stress event will keep these bad bacteria from dominating.
- CattlActive® is the fastest acting prebiotic on the marketwhen given orally, balancing pH and dropping rumen temperature in 15 minutes.
- CattlActive® RA provides prolonged support to the rumen microbes allowing time to adjust to the changes in diet and populate rapidly. This increase in beneficial rumen microbe population increases utilization of feedstuffs and reduces the population of disease-causing organisms.
Producers need to ensure their calves and cows feed well and stay healthy and strong to maximize production. Using an all-natural cattle supplement helps to boost feed utilization rates and improve cattle health in a cost-effective way.
To get calves to eat more and drink adequately after weaning, the calves’ rumens must be kept in optimal condition. CattlActive® was formulated to help cattle breeders and ranchers maintain a balanced pH in the rumen and achieve their desired calf weight targets at the appropriate time.
For instance, to avoid a delay in breeding, heifers need to be at least 30% of their mature weight after six months of age. Using our CattlActive® supplement will help your calves consume adequate amounts of feed and create the right balance of healthy microbes in the gut to achieve the desired weight.
What Is CattlActive®?
CattlActive® is a 100% natural cattle supplement designed by fellow cattle ranchers. It has a variety of ingredients including mineral water, vegetable fats, soy oil, corn oil, guar gum, glycerin, orange peel extract and onion extract.